Hope you enjoy. Much love to each of you ♥♥♥ Click on images for an enlarged view.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Married to the Truth... but Cheating

Married to the Truth
but cheating like a thief
I intended divine communion
when I took my solemn vows
earnestly I wrote the words
upon my heart in blood
of my unborn children's children
and made my pledge to know you
and keep you safe and well cherished
and in return you opened yourself to me
and let me know you more deeply
than I had ever known before
in bliss we would lay
in authenticity
together at last
forever it seemed

But now I'm here or there
without a second thought carefree
nothing matters at all these days
pretending it's all good
as you sleep so trustfully
I allow you to fill my heart
and drink your sacred wine
while I lie musing in my mind
how other's might taste
wondering in silence
why I cannot keep
the vows I made

And all for lack of patience
everything I've ever asked
has been given and received
sometimes in ways I cannot see
but the Truth cannot hurry or lie
she can only give herself
as she is
or not at all
when her cocoon is ripe
she emerges in brilliant clarity
as the glorious butterfly she is
how I once loved to watch her fly
with tears flowing down my cheek
but now in the darkness
I contemplate my cheat

For other's hearts are more easily won
tempting me to discard what I know
willingly they whisper what I long to hear
enchanting my fantasies of knowing
by stories of my own making
servicing my imagination's fancy
rather than saying what is
and I am carried away
suckling their false treasure
and turning my back upon you
my beloved one who is helpless
unable to stand in my way
because you can only speak
when you are cherished
and can only open
when you are loved

So I ask you to wear false clothing
that flatters not the beauty of your form
while nakedly you stand open to me
showing every sweet curve of your being
I dress you in rags of cheap fancy
pretending you are one of my whores
painting false words upon your chest
parroted slogans you never said
covering the succulent splendor you offer
if only I would care to drink your nectar
and lay again in the divine bliss
we once shared so true

And now I increase your burden
forcing you to walk behind me
carrying slowly all my baggage
and my contrived dogma too
stuffing your mouth too full to speak
with other men's musings not my own
burying your devotion out of sight
so as not to catch a glimpse
of your beloved True name
that would remind me
to set us both free
this is how I care for thee

But with loving tears of trust betrayed
and wise eyes asking to be known
needing only my honesty to answer
why am I here with you
pretending to be one with intention
while squandering my promise
offending your sweet womb
with the memory of my whores
while your only offense
is being True
I find myself
in my own shadow
and choose to step
back into the light
where you embrace me
as we begin again

---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment